Saturday, February 22, 2020

Rest day in Ein Bokek: Day 20

Not doing much today just resting and eating a large amount at the hotel buffets.
As well as getting physically tired as a result of 18 days of walking, I felt I was getting mentally tired. No longing bothering with side visits to summits or forts, just wanting to reach my destination. Not concentrating on where I was placing each step, and as a result getting clumsy, slipping a bit on an angled rock or loose gravel, hitting the ground too hard. So it's a mental as well as physical rest today.
Not that there is that much to do on the Sabbath in Ein Bokek after you have floated in the Dead Sea and had a coffee, cake and ice cream. Many shops are closed. Still it's a chance to update my blog and finish the book I have been reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment